February 2019 Extraordinary 2
General Information, SIRS and Enrolments
Curriculum Advisory Committees 2019
Maureen Lorimer (08) 9273 6397 [Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday]
An extension has been provided for nominations to the Curriculum Advisory Committees in the following phases of learning:
- Late Adolescence and Early Adulthood (Years 11 and 12)
- Early and Middle Adolescence (Years 7 – 10)
- Middle and Late Childhood (Years 3 – 6)
- Early Childhood (Years K – 2).
Practising teachers and representatives of the following organisations: education offices, professional associations, universities, training, industry and community, are invited to nominate via the following link:
Note: A list of committees that require practising teacher and systems/sector education office representation has been communicated via internal communication strategies.
Teachers who applied in November are requested NOT to renominate as their application will be considered in the broader field of applications. Applications close on Friday 15 February 2019 at 4pm.
Please contact Ms Maureen Lorimer, Principal Consultant – Strategic Projects, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information.
Meeting WACE Requirements 2019 Seminars
Mandy Hudson (08) 9273 6755
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) is providing learning area specific seminars during Term 1 to assist schools in meeting the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) requirements in 2019.
These seminars are designed for:
- schools that are offering a course for the first time in 2019
- schools that are reintroducing a course for the first time since 2015
- teachers delivering one or more WACE courses for the first time in 2019 (e.g. graduate teachers, teachers who have not previously taught Year 11 or Year 12, teachers whose past experience has been interstate or overseas)
- new school leaders (e.g. Heads of Learning Area).
Please note these seminars are replacing the previously offered ‘New and/or inexperience teacher seminars’.
The link below will take you to the registration page:
Special examination arrangements assessors 2019 – expressions of interest
Carolyn Hackett 9273 6316
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) is seeking expressions of interest by Friday, 1 March 2019 from suitably qualified and experienced persons to assist with the assessment of special examination arrangement applications for the 2019 ATAR course examinations. Applications to be assessed will relate to candidates within the specific learning disability, psychological or ADD/ADHD categories.
For more information, please see the PDF or Word document Special examination arrangements assessors 2019 – expressions of interest on the Authority website at