Music ATAR Year 11 New Syllabus Workshops
These workshops are for teachers and other stakeholders involved in the delivery of the ATAR Music course.
The workshops will focus on:
- highlighting the key features of the new Music ATAR Year 11 syllabus
- unpacking the new Music ATAR Year 11 support materials (including the sample assessment outline, course outline, assessment tasks and written examination)
- exploring the new approach to teaching and assessing composition
- exploring the changes to the music analysis syllabus content and designated works
- facilitating discussion and collaboration between colleagues to support each other through new syllabus implementation.
The workshops will be an invaluable opportunity to assist teachers in the planning for, and delivery of, the new syllabus.
Teachers are asked to bring the following digital or hard-copy documents, accessible from the Authority website:
- Music ATAR Year 11 Syllabus (2023 version; available now)
- Music ATAR Year 12 Sample Written Examination (available September 2022)
- Music ATAR Year 11 Sample Course Outline*
- Music ATAR Year 11 Sample Assessment Outline*
- Music ATAR Year 11 Sample Assessment Tasks*
*Expected to be published in October 2022. If not available prior to the event, these will be emailed to participants in draft form.
|Tuesday, 18/10/2022||9:30 am - 12:00 pm||Music ATAR Year 11||Telethon Speech & Hearing Centre, Wembley (Auditorium)||Register|
|Wednesday, 19/10/2022||1:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Music ATAR Year 11||Webex||Register|
|Thursday, 20/10/2022||9:30 am - 12:00 pm||Music ATAR Year 11||David Grays Arena, Dower Street, Mandurah (Platinum Room)||Register|