For parents and the community
Students, teachers, parents/guardians/carers and the community can be confident that the Board of the Authority continues to work from the premise that no student should be disadvantaged.
The Authority is:
- taking a flexible and agile approach to meeting emerging issues and is relying on schools to be similarly flexible and agile in ensuring continuity of learning and delivery of assessment
- working with the school systems/sector – the Department of Education, Catholic Education Western Australia, the Anglican Schools Commission and the Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia – to ensure the best outcomes possible for students
- providing advice and support to teachers and school leaders through this website, which will support them in responding to the challenges, particularly in a modified learning environment
- working with the tertiary and training sector, at the state and national level, to clarify pathways to post-school options for Year 12 students at the end of the year
- providing advice and support to students through this website, particularly those Year 12s working towards the WACE in 2022
Parents/guardians/carers of students in Pre-primary to Year 10 should refer to Reporting student achievement to parents – Semester 1 for information about Semester 1 school reports for 2022.
Parents/guardians/carers of students in Years 11 and 12 should refer to the course-specific information on the teachers and school leaders’ Years 11 and 12 page for information about course assessment.
- WA Department of Health: healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus
- School Curriculum and Standards Authority Parents and Community website
- Department of Education: www.education.wa.edu.au
- Learning resources: www.education.wa.edu.au/learning-at-home
- Catholic Education WA: www.cewa.edu.au
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: https://www.cewa.edu.au/novel-coronavirus-update
- Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
- Headspace: www.headspace.org.au
- Beyond Blue: www.beyondblue.org.au 1300 22 4636
- Kids helpline: www.kidshelpline.com.au 1800 55 1800.
- Parent helpline: 1300 1300 52