Recognition of prior studies for students arriving from overseas and interstate

Data Services (08) 9273 6344

Schools are reminded that the School Curriculum and Standards Authority does not provide a service to determine the year group into which a student should be placed when arriving from overseas.

Schools are required to determine the most appropriate academic year to enrol a new student, based on information and academic records provided by the student/parents.

If a school considers that a student has completed the equivalent of Year 11 studies overseas or interstate, a Year 11 equivalent studies for a WACE form should be completed.  This can be found on our website via under WACE Equivalence.

The equivalence service that the Authority provides is for overseas students that have completed their schooling overseas and looking to get their qualifications equated to a year level here in Western Australia, not for students that are part way through their schooling and seeking enrolment in to the school system in Western Australia.