- About Us
- Years K-10
- Senior Secondary
- Consultation: Australian Curriculum
- SIRS Information
- Events and Forms
About the School Curriculum and Standards Authority
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is an independent statutory authority that is responsible to the Western Australian Minister for Education. It is administered by a board consisting of seven members appointed for their expertise in education and assessment.
The work of the Authority is supported by a secretariat of about 148 staff.
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is responsible for
- setting standards of student achievement and for the assessment and certification of student achievement according to those standards
- developing an outline of curriculum and assessment in schools that, taking account of the needs of students, sets out the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes that students are expected to acquire and guidelines for the assessment of student achievement
- developing and accrediting courses for schools
- maintaining a database of information relating to
- the participation by students during their school years in education, training or employment as provided by the School Education Act
- the achievement of students during those years
- records of assessment in respect to students.
|82 Kb||School Curriculum and Standards Authority Act 1997 (Uploaded prior to 21/12/12)|
|24 Kb||Information Statement (Uploaded 17/12/13)|
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority complies with the Western Australian Government's Public Sector Standards. Our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan and our Equity and Diversity Management Plan are available for your information.
|(103 Kb)||(778 Kb)||
Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2011 - 2016 (Uploaded prior to 21/12/12)
|(256 Kb)||Equity and Diversity Management Plan 2011-2015 (Uploaded prior to 21/12/12)|
Conflict of interest
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority complies with the Western Australian Government’s Public Sector Standards. Any potential for a conflict of interest by a board or committee member, secretariat staff or persons completing work for the Authority must be declared.
Please refer to the our Conflict of Interest policy and guidelines for further information
|(62 Kb)||Conflict of Interest policy and guidelines (Uploaded 10/04/13)|
Last Updated: 11/03/2014 11:22