- About Us
- Years K-10
- Senior Secondary
- Consultation: Australian Curriculum
- SIRS Information
- Events and Forms
An endorsed program is a significant learning program that has been developed for senior secondary students. The program may have been developed by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority, or it may have been developed by a private provider or a school and subsequently endorsed by the Authority.
Each endorsed program consists of a series of lessons, classes and/or activities designed to lead to the achievement of a common goal or set of learning outcomes. Endorsed programs can be delivered as part of the school curriculum or as extra-curricular activities.
All endorsed programs successfully completed and reported to the Authority by the school
- are listed on the student’s Western Australian Statement of Student Achievement
- may contribute towards the breadth-and-depth requirement of the WACE
- may contribute towards the C grade requirement of the WACE.
Each endorsed program is allocated one, two, three or four unit equivalents.
A student who will graduate in 2016 or beyond will be able to count a maximum of 4 unit equivalents from endorsed programs for WACE purposes, two in Year 11 and two in Year 12.
Programs are endorsed in three categories:
- Authority-developed endorsed programs
These endorsed programs are developed by the Authority to provide WACE recognition for students undertaking activities of a similar nature and for which no quality-assured certificate or award is issued. A program outline that provides details of the program and the completion requirements can be downloaded by clicking on the link above.
- Provider-developed endorsed programs
These endorsed programs are developed by a private provider such as a university, community organisation or training institution. Provider-developed endorsed programs recognise structured learning programs that result in the attainment of a quality-assured certificate or award.
- School-developed endorsed programs
These endorsed programs are developed by individual schools in response to a particular need which cannot be met through a WACE course, a VET qualification or another endorsed program.
Workplace Learning is an Authority-developed endorsed program, but for your convenience, the program outline and support materials can be accessed here.
- ADWPL –Workplace Learning program outline (updated 19/11/15)
- Workplace Learning Logbook template (updated 19/11/15)
- Workplace Learning Skills Journal template (updated 19/11/15)
- Workplace Learning Information Brochure for Workplace Supervisors template (updated 19/11/15)
- Work placement guidelines for Workplace Learning
- Workplace Learning Logbook optional pages (uploaded 19/11/15)
- ADWPL Feedback Summary (uploaded 19/11/15)
|Endorsed programs enrolment declaration form (updated 18/01/16)||
|Provider-developed program application for endorsement form (updated 18/01/16)||
|School-developed program application for endorsement form (updated 18/01/16)||
|2016 Endorsed program codes and achievement descriptors (updated 18/01/16)||
|Endorsed programs brochure (updated 18/01/16)||
|Workplace Learning PowerPoint presentation (updated 18/01/16)||
|Community Service PowerPoint presentation||
Last Updated: 21/01/2016 14:10